Step-by-Step Tips on How to Remove a Bumper Sticker From Your Car - Paris Ford Inc
It's probably time to remove that sun-damaged bumper sticker by now, huh?
Stickers of corny jokes, quotes and beliefs tend to accumulate on our cars at times. They're durable, but they're not indestructible. Over time, they start to look worn out. That's when they've got to go.
The team here at Paris Ford thought it would be a good idea to give you some tips on how to get rid of your old bumper stickers. We've had to remove them from our pre-owned cars at times, so our team is well versed in getting this done.They're designed to outlast rain, sleet, snow and heat, so they can be a little difficult to remove. Hopefully these suggestions help!
What you'll need before you start:
- Sticker/glue remover
- Razor blade or, if on glass, a box cutter
- If on point, a credit card
- Two cloths
- Detailing spray or glass cleaner
- Clean the entire area where the sticker is, or better yet just wash the car. It might need it anyways!
- Put the sticker or glue remover on the whole sticker. Run to the store really quick for the remover and get either the Goo-Gone or Turtle Wax Label and Sticker Remover. They're great products and we've used them, too.
- At a slight angle, slide the razor blade or credit card under the sticker. Make absolutely sure that it's completely under there, because it'll make the process a lot easier.
- Continue sliding. The sticker may tear, but try to keep it all in one piece, so it'll be easier to pull away.
- Once the sticker has been removed, use more remover to completely get rid of the remaining adhesive.
- Wipe down the surface for a quick cleanse, just to make sure you got everything, and BOOM. You're done!
Paris Ford Inc
is proud to serve the Paris, Arkansas community, as well as surrounded cities such as Russellville, Van Buren, Fort Smith, Fayetteville, Springdale, Hot Springs, Harrison, Conway, Rogers, Siloam Springs, Bentonville, Maumelle, Benton, and Malvern, Arkansas.